Friday, April 30, 2010

Cell Phone Safety For Kids

First of all, we have to admit- it is nice knowing that our kids have a phone on them for emergencies.I don't exactly like that these days it is common that nearly all kids will have a cell once they start High School.I would consider myself a little strict and old fashioned because face it, these are different days then when we were kids.I worry about lots of things raising children these days so as far as cell phones go, I at least feel I have started the correct and safe way about it.We really don't know what the cell phone waves are doing to our bodies,but this is how I feel: If your kids have a phone isn't it better that they are texting and keeping the device away from their heads? Also, make sure to advise them of these things: Make sure to turn it off at the end of the day and never fall asleep with it near their head. As for driving, when they receive a text-it's not an emergency. It can wait until they reach their destination. Make that a rule in your house from day one and be strict about it. Don't let them think that they are in control of the phone because you can do things to control that too. If they don't abide by any rule, you can temporarily block their use of the phone! Kajeet's parental controls are super. First you will probably enjoy signing up for the $14.99 plan with unlimited texting and 60 minutes talk time. I have had this plan and it has always been perfect. She has never run out of minutes because 95% of her use is texting.Also, even if you would run out of minutes there is a backup, called your "wallet" that you can add money to at any time and the extra minutes are just 10 cents a minute. Finally, the parental controls: you can see their activity any time you want, such as who they texted, how often they text, and at what time of day. This helps with your rules so much. The best thing that got me was the value of all of this! Our whole family is on this service and we couldn't be more pleased. Kajeet uses Sprint's network and we have never had any problems. I have enjoyed becoming a Mom Sales Team member for Kajeet and sharing this with you. I can also share a 15% discount off their phones if you type in www.kajeet.com/logcabin127 .This made for kids service is doing all the right things!

6 comments:

  1. Great Information! Thanks for following me! I am now following you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great info! I'm following you :)

    Sandie Lee
    http://imaginationcafeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Info!

    -Twittermoms.com member-

    Please follow & Comment my blog back?
    http://burningmoonproducts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info!!!
    Im following you now via twitter moms

    please follow me at
    www.bobjenjack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ive been worried about this too but I do want them to carry one for safety. I want to encourage them to leave it in their locker. My husband developed a cyst on the side that he carries his phone on so I worry about kids carrying cell phones all the time. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment on my blog. i am following from friend commect and I also joined your community on blogfrog. My blogfrog community is very silent. Come join me and make some noise. Dianne

    ReplyDelete